A long time ago I wrote something I called an experiment in prosetry… It was poetry masquerading as prose, or so I liked to tell myself. I didn’t really do anything with it, but I revisit it from time to time. Recently, mainly since starting my blog, I started thinking about how I might be able to tweak the story a bit and perhaps make a short illustrated story out of it.
I have some visuals in mind for parts of the story, and other parts are less refined. I never seem to have the time to really work on it or sketch anything out like I’d want… but I finally sat down the other day and worked up this one thing.
The idea here is that on the opening splash page, the title of the story would appear as part of the art. It’s a thing you see a lot in comic storytelling, where names or titles are worked into an opening or closing panel of a story. I basically wanted to just see if the idea in my head would work as well on the page. So, I created this mainly as a proof of concept and hopefully to serve as a reminder that I really need to work on the actual story sometime! The design itself might have to be reworked to match the rest of the story art, depending on the style I end up using for that, but I think it mostly works in the way I wanted it to work.
Let me know what you think, and remember, if you’d like an original commission by me or would like to hire me as an Illustrator, please use the Contact page and let me know as much as you can about your request.